Grafton Garden Club Scholarship Guidelines
The Grafton Garden Club awards a $500. scholarship each year to residents of Grafton. To qualify, a resident must attend or plan to attend an accredited institution to pursue studies in one of the following fields:
AGRICULTURE HORTICULTURE BOTANY
FORESTRY LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE PLANT OR SOIL SCIENCE
An application form must be completed and returned with an official transcript of your grades, at least one letter of recommendation, and a letter describing why you believe you should receive a Grafton Garden Club scholarship. The final deadline for submission of applications is March 15.
Requirements and Criteria for Evaluation of Applicants
- Any student from Grafton may apply
- An applicant must have at least a 2.5 average for the first semester of the first year in college in order for the scholarship money to be released. S/he must send transcript of grades and the address of the institution to the Scholarship Committee, Grafton Garden Club, P.O. Box 453 Grafton, MA 01519-0453.cPayments are made directly to the college.
- An applicant who is currently enrolled in a course of study that meets the criteria for application for a Grafton Garden Club scholarship must have a 2.5 average in order to reapply.
- Participation in extra-curricular activities (see application)
- Personal letter from recipient
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or respected member of the community.
- COURSE OF STUDY
- YEAR OF STUDY